Beekeeping - Sweet Success!
Time & Location
About The Event
Have you ever been curious about beekeeping? Come and learn if beekeeping is for you! These fascinating, tiny little creatures are such an integral part of God's creation!
- Introduction to bees & the hive
- How to properly inspect & maintain the hive
- Preparing for honey flow and harvest
- Winter prep & maintenance
- Bee equipment options
- Choosing the ideal location for your apiary
- Naturally building the hive's immune system
- Overcoming anxieties of working with bees
- And lots more!
About the Instructor: Daniel Wornicov
This single-day course will be taught by bee expert, Daniel Wornicov (pictured below with his wife, herbalist Alicia Wornicov and papoose). He has been keeping honeybees for over 30 years, growing up in a beekeeping family in South America where he kept 300 Africanized beehives. Later Daniel moved to California where he and his wife, Alicia, ran a hundred-hive operation as commercial beekeepers. Since 2008, after losing all of his colonies to Colony Collapse Disorder (caused by pesticide and herbicide application to crops by commercial farmers) Daniel has only kept and maintained bees naturally. He now uses chemical-free pest control methods and a "going back to basics" beekeeping management philosophy, placing the well-being of the bees before all else.
- Beekeeping Class Tickets$0$00$0