POISON IN THE POT! - HERBAL TEACHING By Dr. RiverWind
Updated: Jul 19, 2019
2 Kings 4:38–40 "When Elisha returned to Gilgal, there was famine in the land. As the company of prophets was sitting before him, he said to his servant, "Put the large pot on, and make some stew for the company of prophets." One went out into the field to gather herbs ארת (o-roth) and found a wild vine and gathered from it his lap full of wild gourds פקעת (paw-kuot) came and cut them up into the pot of pottage, not knowing what they were. The stew was poured out for the men, but as they began to eat it, they cried out, "Man of God, there is death in the pot!" And they could not eat it."
"Oroth"שדה (O-wrah) comes from the root Hebrew word for "a light". In the Middle East many call it Garden Rocket (Erica sativa) commonly known as "Arugula". It is an annual related to the mustard family and It flourishes in the hilly areas of ancient Yudea (Israel) having a perfect climate for growth. The flowers, the buds, and the leaves were used as ingredients in stews in ancient Israel.
Deuteronomy 32:32 "For their vine is of the Vine of Sodom, And of the fields of Gomorrah: Their grapes are grapes of gall, Their clusters are bitter:"
"Wild Gourds" פקעת (Paw-kuot) in 2 Kings and Deuteronomy was more than likely (citrullus colocynthis) known in Israel as the Vine of Sodom. It grows in abundance along the ground in dry conditions and produces a round yellow fruit that looks like an apple mottled with green spots. It is spongy and poisonous although Persians used it to treat diabetes with positive results.
"Of course, I don't recommend you go and make a soup out of it. Stick to the arugula." Dr. Laralyn RiverWind
Council Fire Teaching: Be wise in who you send out to be part of your calling as a co-laborer. Even Ezekiel made a mistake in choosing to ask the wrong servant to bring the sustenance. Is the one you have sent out bringing into the midst of "prophets", (an anointed assembly), what looks to be a delicious meal that ends up poisoning everyone? Leaders must be guarded in who enters in and out of the spiritual gate of authority, who is being tasked with preparing sustenance yet mixes Orot "The Light" and Paw-kuot "The Vine of Sodom".
Be aware of the fruits in your stew, are they counterfeits that will reap havoc from within your body? Will you know them by their fruit? Is it a fruit full of the Light of The World Yeshua or is it the fruit of the Vine of Sodom? Know where your traditions, doctrines and customs come from before you consume them.
1) Pray for discernment when working with others and that only those who are supposed to be co-laborers with you be the ones who are sent by Creator and not man. 2) Pray that anyone sent to impeded or interfere with your calling in obedience to what The Creator has guided you to do be stopped and re-routed
2) Know who you are sending into the field: Are they ready? Are they equipped with the skills and knowledge necessary to accomplish their task? Did you pray about it?
3) Discern what is being brought back: Ensure it lines up with Scripture. This means not allowing the servant to feed everyone before you have seen what is in the pot! -As leaders you are to follow the example of how YHWH is compared to a strong tower and mighty warrior who defends their people. Defend and Intercede
4) Don't just eat what is being served to you-remember that the fall of man occurred because of disobedience concerning what to eat and not eat.
5) Leaders within the council, the same thing goes for you. Pray for your leadership! Be the hedge of protection with prayer that they can rely on to continue to lead the good fight.
6) Victory! - Take no glory for what Creator is going to do in your life. Watch release, bondage broken, freedom reigning, testimonies of miracles, and lives transformed.
7) Don't eat the "mixed meal" that is trying to be served to you!
Mar 11th-21st 2019
Join The RiverWinds for a one of a kind tour of The Holy Land. The timing is perfect! The land will be blooming and you will explore the various biblical herbs, plants, learn about essential oils, participate in praise & worship, studying Scripture and exploring sacred sites. Registration will be closing soon and payment plans are available. If you are a practitioner of the holistic arts, natural healing, and have a love for The Bible you won't want to miss this unique tour. RADIANT ISRAEL REGISTRATION LINK